Advert

add

18 May 2013

Police arrest another ‘baby factory’ owner in Lagos.

A 50 year-old woman, Mrs. Oby George, who allegedly sells babies to couples who are in desperate need, has been arrested by police operatives of the Lagos State Command.

The suspect, who is based in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, deceived her victims with the story that she had harbal medicines that could make them get pregnant and have babies of their own no matter their ages.

She allegedly collected N1.5million from a 61-year- old woman, Mrs. Momoh Ceclia Adesope, to give her twins and N2.7 million from 43-year-old Mrs. Joy Okonkwo for triplets.

While Adesope and her 78-year-old husband got their supposed twins, the Okonkwos were still waiting for theirs when she was caught by the police.Operatives of the Area ‘E’ Command got information from some concerned citizens that Mrs Adesope who had passed the age of child bearing had twins.
Following the report, the couple was invited to the area command for questioning by the Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) in charge, Mr Dan Okoro. It was their confessions that led the operatives to Port Harcourt where the prime suspect was arrested.

Command’s spokesman, Ngozi Braide, a Deputy Superintendent (DSP) who paraded the suspect yesterday, said she was arrested on April 16 after Mrs. Adesope, one of the victims, went to a hospital in Festac Area of Lagos for a medical check-up.

Doctors, it was gathered, suspected that her babies were not twins as she claimed. One of the babies was about two weeks old, while the other was over two months old. The hospital alerted the police and she was arrested for intrrogation.

Braide said the woman confessed that one Mrs George in Port Harcourt sold some herbal medicines to her and that when she was due for delivery, she went back to the same woman who, she claimed, delivered her of the babies.

It was gathered that when the operatives probed further, Adesope could not provide any evidence of anti-natal care at any hospital before delivery or any medical analysis to confirm that she was ever pregnant.

ACP Okoro led other operatives to Port Harcourt where the suspect was arrested and fake hospital delivery equipment was also recovered.

The suspect, Oby, said: “I am from the Ummabo side in Port Harcourt. Let me tell you the truth. It was one Helen Okoronkwo who brought them. I helped her really to deliver her of the babies. I bought the herbs which I administered on them from a market. They were all roots.”

She said she started the business over a year ago, adding that she only helped people who were in desperate need of children to achieve their dreams.

Adesope said: “One lady who asked me whether I was looking for a baby told me that it was possible to get pregnant and get a child of my own. I paid her N1.5million for male twins. She said the person was her neighbour who just returned from abroad. She gave me the woman’s phone number. When I called her she said I should come to Port Harcourt to meet her. She gave me directions to her place when I got to Port Harcourt. She gave me seeds to eat the first day, and later started administering herbal drugs. I came to Port Harcourt after eight months of taking the prescribed herbs and seeds. Therefore, when I got to Port Harcourt again, she said it was time for me to deliver.

“She told me to lie down. I became almost unconscious and she used razor blade to cut my clitoris and started asking me to push, and I continued to push. At a point, I heard the cry of a baby. They congratulated me that I had a baby boy and told me to be patient and that the second boy was on his way. They asked me to push harder and before I knew it, I heard another cry of a baby and they congratulated.

“When I came back to Lagos, I started feeling pains and went to hospital despite warning by Oby that I should never go to hospital because miracle babies have nothing to do with hospital. It was at the hospital that the doctor asked me how old I was and was surprised that I should deliver twins, two bouncing baby boys, at the age of 61. He alerted the police and I was arrested”.

Okoronkwo, who resides in the Ajah area of Lagos said: “I have been married for 18 years. It was somebody, a neighbour that texted me the GSM number of the miracle babies woman at Port Harcourt. When I got there, she asked me to take a cab to her miracle maternity. She gave two types of herbs to start with. When she saw me she said I was due to deliver the desired triplets.

“As I was taking the drug my body started swelling and some of my clothes could not even be worn again. I was instructed not to go to any doctor because miracle babies have nothing to do with hospitals. It was this woman, Oby, that was my miracle baby deliverer. I paid her N2.7million for the triplets. To be honest, I am not pregnant. I am sick, see my body. My legs are swollen; my tummy is swollen due to the drug she administered. I don’t believe I am pregnant. I am sick”.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Dynamo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...