Advert

add

5 Feb 2013

How I was Almost Defraud by Nigeria most respected Airline

Some say it is the best airline in Nigeria others say they stand out. But here is my Bitter Experience on Sunday 3rd of February 2013.

I had to make a trip from Lagos to Enugu on Saturday 2nd and my flight was scheduled for 7.10am.

I had already booked online days before. On getting to the airport at 6:45am, they had already finished boarding  I felt
bad but still found my way to Enugu same day via another flight. But called the Airline office to re-book same ticket for return the next day being Sunday February 3, 2013 and was asked to pay N5,000 extra about $31.64

On getting to the Akanu Ibiam Airport Enugu on Sunday 3rd of February for my return trip, the officials  informed me that my ticket has been used, having my name on the same Flight manifesto which I missed the previous day. I was so shocked and I confirmed to the official that I had re booked the ticket by calling their call-centre and went ahead to prove it by showing her the new reference number given to me which they didn't care. I put a call to  Lagos office informing them of what I was going through at the airport but they concurred with the story being told by Enugu Office and they advised me to pay for another ticket if I want to board. I felt so humiliated and embarrassed but I had no choice but to comply because I will be at the office the next day.

On getting to Lagos office, they were still claiming that I had used the ticket. But when they saw how serious I was about bringing them to book, they finally agreed to have used my ticket to board another person thinking  I was not going to show up. They offered to refund my money without further delay knowing the crime they have committed and will not want publicity.


It simply means that if I had not re booked for the next day thinking the ticket will still be valid for one (1) year, the airline will definitely deny me. Who knows.

At this point one begins to ask so many questions about corruption and integrity in the aviation industry and within the airline operators;

Please while booking a flight be careful and wise

Thanks to my friend (IK E) who really helped on that faithfull day

No comments:

Dynamo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...